1/1 Photo of Mom's Chicken Kemiri
This recipe has been in our family for decades; my mother is Singaporean French and all the women in our family had a love for cooking, I added some extra ingredients not that there was anything wrong with the original but I like to be adventurous and it came out great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the chicken in small pieces or use wings and legs.
- 2Cut the union and garlic fine.
- 3Put one table spoon of butter in a wok or frying pan with the union and garlic, smoother it.
- 4Rub the chicken with the bouillon powder and put this plus the rest of the butter and oil in the pan. I use a combination of oil and butter because it gives a better result in flavor and keeping the chicken moist. Keep the chicken on the stove on a low temperature.
- 5Put the CANDLENUTS NOT MACADAMIA NUTS * (YOU CAN FIND THIS IN AN ASIAN STORE food.com didnt recognize the ingredient but it exists) in a kitchen machine; make sure it's not cut as fine as powder but also ensure the pieces are not too big.
- 6Slice the lemon grass and when you've done all that put the rest of the ingredients in the pot and let it smoother until the chicken is done.
- 7Add more water if necessary all depending on your preference of sauce - think or thin. Serve it with pandan rice, slices of cucumber and tomatoes and a bit of fresh coriander. Enjoy this this dish.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Chicken Kemiri
Serving Size: 1 (574 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 874.0
- Calories from Fat 456
- Total Fat 50.7 g
- Saturated Fat 31.9 g
- Cholesterol 100.3 mg
- Sodium 194.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 78.0 g
- Protein 23.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef bouillon powder