Recipe by MixedFlavorOfLove
This recipe has been in our family for decades; my mother is Singaporean French and all the women in our family had a love for cooking, I added some extra ingredients not that there was anything wrong with the original but I like to be adventurous and it came out great!
- 1 lb chicken
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 4 macadamia nuts
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 onion
- 1 beef bouillon powder
- 1 lemongrass (sereh)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 hot red pepper
- Cut the chicken in small pieces or use wings and legs.
- Cut the union and garlic fine.
- Put one table spoon of butter in a wok or frying pan with the union and garlic, smoother it.
- Rub the chicken with the bouillon powder and put this plus the rest of the butter and oil in the pan. I use a combination of oil and butter because it gives a better result in flavor and keeping the chicken moist. Keep the chicken on the stove on a low temperature.
- Put the CANDLENUTS NOT MACADAMIA NUTS * (YOU CAN FIND THIS IN AN ASIAN STORE food.com didnt recognize the ingredient but it exists) in a kitchen machine; make sure it's not cut as fine as powder but also ensure the pieces are not too big.
- Slice the lemon grass and when you've done all that put the rest of the ingredients in the pot and let it smoother until the chicken is done.
- Add more water if necessary all depending on your preference of sauce - think or thin. Serve it with pandan rice, slices of cucumber and tomatoes and a bit of fresh coriander. Enjoy this this dish.