Recipe by That Napa Chicken Ranch
This was one of the dishes that we served at Nicole and Patrick's wedding. We made the chicken up on skewers, marinated it- then placed it in multiple zip lock baggies. These were then frozen and thawed for cooking just before the food was served. The only complaint was that everyone wanted way more peanut sauce! Preparation time includes the marinade step.
- 4 chicken breast halves (we use boneless, skinless chicken breats)
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce (mix with half fish sauce to equal 1/3 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon shoyu
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Chicken Skewers:.
- Add all of the marinade ingredients together and place into a long baking dish like a 9x13 inch pan.
- Thread the chicken strips onto skewers (If you are using bamboo skewers be sure to soak them in hot water for at least one hour before you do this to keep them from burning apart).
- Pour the marinade on top of the chicken skewers and refrigerate until ready to grill- for at least 40 minutes for best flavor.
- Peanut Sauce:.
- In a separate bowl, combine all of the sauce ingredients. Let this set out at room temperature while the chicken marinates- the flavors will combine and be at their best just about the time the chicken comes off the grill.
- Grill chicken quickly over hot coals or medium high heat on a gas grill. It only takes a few minutes for each side- don't overcook. Remember that the chciken strips are thin and will continue to cook on the platter once you remove them from the grill.
- We like to serve these over rice with sauce on top and grilled flatbreads on the side.