Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom has been making these fajitas all my life and they are delicious! Even my sister-in-law, who is in culinary school, swears they are the best she has ever had!
Combine these ingredients and refrigerate several hours or overnight
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 4 beef bouillon cubes, dissolved
- 2 fresh jalapenos, chopped
- 2 large onions, sliced in rings (2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons apple juice or 3 tablespoons cider
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- sliced green pepper
- sliced red pepper
- cilantro, chopped
- 6 flour tortillas
- lettuce, chopped
- sour cream
- Heat fajitas sauce mixture. When simmering, add chicken breasts.
- After chicken is coked, add marinated onion, green and red peppers, and chopped cilantro.
- Cook until vegetables are crisp-tender. Serve with tortillas, chopped tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, salsa, or whatever else you like!
This was pretty darn good! I wasn't sure why we had to marinate the onions but not the bell peppers but I followed the directions. Not bad, *RACH*!