Recipe by ABfan13
This is my mother's version of several of her favorite recipes in one. A big hit all around the family! Serve with shredded cheese, avocado slices, and fresh salsa on top for a nice, fresh, and tasty garnish.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 0.5 (1 1/2 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄3 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 0.5 (15 1/2 ounce) candrained and rinsed black beans
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 medium flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese, plus extra for topping (optional)
- fresh avocado, slices if desired
- salsa, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken breasts in small or medium crockpot. Mix water and taco seasoning in small bowl; pour over chicken. Cook on high heat about 2 hours or until done.
- Sautee the chilies, onion, and garlic in the oil until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Shred chicken with fork and knife in crockpot; turn heat to low.
- Add green chili mixture to chicken. Add in black beans and cream cheese.
- While cooking on low, begin sour cream sauce as follows:.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk in flour; continue stirring until thick and bubbly, about 1 minute. Slowly add in chicken broth and water, continuing to stir mixture. Continue stirring until thickened. Add in sour cream.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fill tortillas with chicken mixture; roll and lay in greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Pour sour cream sauce over the top, covering all enchiladas. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake in pre-heated oven until cheese is hot and bubbly, about 25 minutes.
- Serve warm with extra cheese, avocado, and salsa, if desired.