3 hrs 25 mins
This is my mother's version of several of her favorite recipes in one. A big hit all around the family! Serve with shredded cheese, avocado slices, and fresh salsa on top for a nice, fresh, and tasty garnish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken
- 1/2 cup water
- 0.5 (1 1/2 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1/3 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 0.5 (15 1/2 ounce) can drained and rinsed black beans
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 medium flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese, plus extra for topping (optional)
- fresh avocado, slices if desired
- salsa, if desired
- 1Place chicken breasts in small or medium crockpot. Mix water and taco seasoning in small bowl; pour over chicken. Cook on high heat about 2 hours or until done.
- 2Sautee the chilies, onion, and garlic in the oil until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 3Shred chicken with fork and knife in crockpot; turn heat to low.
- 4Add green chili mixture to chicken. Add in black beans and cream cheese.
- 5While cooking on low, begin sour cream sauce as follows:.
- 6Melt butter in saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk in flour; continue stirring until thick and bubbly, about 1 minute. Slowly add in chicken broth and water, continuing to stir mixture. Continue stirring until thickened. Add in sour cream.
- 7Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 8Fill tortillas with chicken mixture; roll and lay in greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Pour sour cream sauce over the top, covering all enchiladas. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- 9Bake in pre-heated oven until cheese is hot and bubbly, about 25 minutes.
- 10Serve warm with extra cheese, avocado, and salsa, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.2
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 72.3 mg
- Sodium 1216.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless skinless chicken