1 hr 5 mins
Misplaced Texan's Note:
This is a recipe that my mother use to make. It reminds me of home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken in pot with approx.
- 24 cups water.
- 3Salt and pepper.
- 4Boil and cook 30-45 minutes.
- 5Let cool and debone.
- 6Reserve 2 cups of the chicken broth.
- 7Preheat oven to 350° F.
- 8In another pot, melt butter.
- 9Add chopped onion to the butter and sautee the onions.
- 10Salt and pepper.
- 11Add Ro-tel, chicken broth and both soups.
- 12Heat through.
- 13Add chicken and stir into mixture.
- 14Spray casserole dish or pan with Pam to prevent sticking.
- 15Tear tortillas in 4's and layer bottom of dish/pan with them.
- 16Spread mixture on top of tortillas and top it with cheese.
- 17Repeat this step one more time.
- 18Place in oven and cook 30-40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Tex-Mex Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (529 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1215.5
- Calories from Fat 759
- Total Fat 84.3 g
- Saturated Fat 38.1 g
- Cholesterol 281.6 mg
- Sodium 1879.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 62.8 g