Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of those recipes that instantly takes me back to being a kid again. This is excellent!
- 2 -3 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 slices bread, buttered and cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add chicken.
- Cover and boil until fully cooked through.
- Drain water, let chicken cool, then shred.
- Steam broccoli until crisp-tender, about 3-5 minutes, then chop.
- In seperate bowl mix soup, mayo, salt and pepper and lemon juice.
- In cassarole dish place the broccoli, chicken, then the soup mixture, and finally the homemade crutons.
- Bake for 30 minutes.