Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is straight out of my mom's cook book, one of the best things she makes... try it out in the evening over a hot cup of tea... it's definitely yummy... and you'd want more.
- 1 kg boneless skinless chicken, cooked with
- 1 pinch turmeric, and
- 4 medium potatoes, boiled,skinned and mashed
- 4 pieces ginger, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 10 -15 curry leaves
- 6 -8 green chilies (you can reduce it if you want it less hot)
- 2 medium onions, chopped into small pieces
- 1 bunch coriander leaves, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- pepper, to taste
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- breadcrumbs, to dip
- oil, to fry
- Grind the cooked chicken.
- Grind the ginger, garlic, curry leaves and chillies till paste form and mix it into the chicken.
- Add the mashed potatoes and mix very well.
- Add the onion, coriander leaves, garam masala, salt and pepper and mix well one more time.
- Take a small ball from the mixture and roll it into a patty.
- Dip in the eggs and then into the bread crumbs.
- (ensure that the patty is fully covered with the egg and bread crumbs) Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- Fry the patties till golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
- Tip: If the mixture is a bit watery, add bread crumps and mix it well.
This was really delicious.