Recipe by earth_child
This is a delicious and comforting soup my mom has made since I was a little girl. It has a creamy broth with great flavor, and really must be experienced with some freshly baked bread. Mom always made this soup along with some homemade Dilly Bread.
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, diced (note -- this is a second onion)
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot, cook the chicken with the first onion, celery, and water. Cook until tender.
- Cut chicken into chunks, discard the celery & onion, but save the stock.
- Sauté the OTHER onion with the carrots in butter. Add curry powder, then sauté 10 minutes more. Add sauté mixture to the pot of chicken & stock.
- In a separate bowl, mix cornstarch, water, salt, sugar, & evaporated milk. Add mixture to the main pot, and simmer for a while, until thick.
- Enjoy! preferably with a fresh loaf of Dilly Bread!