Recipe by SweetsLady
We love this dish. It is fast and easy, too! My mom would usually serve it with a variety of condiments to go on top like coconut, pineapple, raisins, bacon, peanuts, etc.
Top Review by donnab14
Yum!!!!! So easy! I used leftover chicken from a roasted chicken, last night and through in some red pepper flakes to spice it up even more. What a kick! Love this soooooooooo easy recipe.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups cooked chicken, cut up
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in butter with curry powder.
- Blend in flour and other seasonings.
- Cook on low until smooth.
- Stir in broth and milk slowly with whisk to make sure to get all the lumps out.
- Bring to boil. Boil for one minute or until thickened while stirring.
- Stir in chicken and lemon juice.
- Serve over rice.