Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This casserole is not fancy or "gourmet" by any means, but I love the stuff. My mom got the recipe from a church cookbook, I think, and she makes it best. As with most recipes that call for cooked chicken, I buy a roasted chicken at the supermarket and use that. Easy! Prep time and servings are approximate.
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken (or tuna)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cooked broccoli
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, and juice
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles, cooked
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- Mix soups and meat, mayonnaise and mushrooms in a saucepan.
- Heat thoroughly, but do not boil.
- Butter a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Layer in this order: noodles, broccoli, cheese, and meat.
- Sprinkle the top with almonds.
- Bake at 350 40-45 minutes.