Recipe by Abby Girl
This was another casserole that my Mom used to make up when I was young. It is fast, easy and can be made up ahead of time and frozen.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked spaghetti or 2 1⁄2 cups other cooked small shell pasta
- 4 cups cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup pimiento
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, divided
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the chicken, pimento, chili powder, green pepper, onion, celery, mushrooms, mushroom soup, chicken broth and 2-1/2 cups cheddar cheese in a caserole dish.
- Sprinkle the top of the casserole with the remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake in 350 oven for 1 hour.