Recipe by shelshel0110
This is a an easy one-dish meal that is absolutely delicious! It's a favorite from my childhood.
Top Review by Oolala
The 3 of us that like food, loved this! My youngest son didn't but he is so so picky that I am not counting his vote. I liked the taste of the rosemary that really comes through. I used a Dutch oven to make this and for the chicken I used skinless chicken thighs on the bone. After the meat browned, it was tight in the bottom of the pot, so I put the mushrooms on top and then whisked the wine and tomato paste in a bowl and poured it on top. I stirred with a wooden spoon and as it cooked, I stirred more and it cooked down beautifully. I served it with toasted Italian bread and pasta. Thanks for a great meal!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 10 ounces mushrooms (1 package)
- 6 ounces tomato paste (small can)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 4 -6 skinless chicken legs
- salt & pepper
- Italian bread, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil on medium heat. When hot, add garlic and rosemary. Let cook for one minute.
- Increase heat to med-high, add chicken. Cook the chicken until golden brown.
- Stir in the mushrooms, cook about 7-10 minutes--stirring often so nothing burns.
- Reduce to medium heat. Add 1 cup white wine and the tomato paste. Stir until the tomato paste is dissolved in the wine. The sauce should be about the same thickness as pasta sauce. If your sauce is too thick, slowly add the other 1/2 cup of white wine until desired consistency is reached.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 1 hour.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with italian bread for dipping.