Recipe by American in Paris
This is one of my favorite dishes that my mom made. My kids love it too. The rice is wonderful and the chicken stays moist because of the slow cooking.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb chicken, cut-up (I prefer thighs and bone-in breasts)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup water
- seasoning salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except chicken and spread in a greased, (I use non-stick spray.)13x9 inch pan.
- Place chicken on top (skin side up).
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 2 hours.
- Remove foil. You can place under broiler for a few minutes to brown chicken pieces if you like (my mother did not, but I like my chicken browned so I added this step).