Recipe by cooking for boys!!!
I have no idea where this recipe originated, but as children we would request it for our birthday dinner and being 5 of us, we got to have it often!! While its cooking the aroma takes me right back to those times. You might want to make extra sauce its so good over rice!
Top Review by kellyn
I should review this 3 times that's how many times I have made it so far. Had friends who had been ill. Took this to them they loved it also. Mine at home I served with homemade noodles.
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 12 white mushrooms, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Season flour with paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour shaking off excess. Heat oil in frying pan and brown chicken on both sides.
- Meanwhile make sauce. Mix mushroom soup, chicken broth, orange juice, white wine, ginger and brown sugar together. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place browned chicken in large oven proof dish and pour sauce over and add the carrots, celery and mushroom.
- Cook in a 350 oven for 1 hour until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through.