Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is the recipe my grandmother used. My mom was making it for me long before you could buy it in the store.
- 12 ounces Rice Chex (1 box)
- 12 ounces Corn Chex (1 box)
- 24 ounces Wheat Chex (1 box)
- 10 1⁄2 ounces Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 16 1⁄2 ounces pretzel nuggets
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) box pretzel sticks
- garlic toast crouton
- 1 lb mixed nuts
- 1 cup oil
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- Mix up dry ingredients in a large wok or casserole dish.
- Mix up seasoning seperately, then pour over the top of the dry ingredients.
- Bake at 250 for 2 hours, stirring occasionally (approx every 1/2 hour).
This is AWESOME! I did double the seasoning to make sure all was coated well. I have made this more than once (goes great around holidays - quickly devoured). I keep a box when I know I will be making this and line it with a garbage bag to mix dry ingredients. Then I use 2 aluminum roasting pans and make 2 batches of seasoning (1 for each pan). I omit the cheerios and croutons, and use Gardettos Rye Chips. So YUMMY!
This makes A LOT of chex mix. You also need to increase the wet ingreedients in order to cover the entire mix.
This recipe was great. THe taste was very classic. I would reccoment adding another 1/4 cup of oil to coat the cereals completely though. Thanx for the great recipe