Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my favorite Chess pie recipe. My DM made these pies for us when we were kids. She had 6 children.I guess that means it's over 50yrs old!:o I still love them and now making them for my step-children and grandchildren.
- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts
- 4 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted and cooled)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 4 tablespoons buttermilk
- In large bowl add eggs (slightly beaten).
- Stir in sugar.
- Stir in melted butter (a little at a time and make sure it is cool or else eggs will cook).
- stir in remaining ingredients.
- Mix until just combined.
- Bake at 350 degrees 25-30 minutes.