Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mom's famous macaroni salad. Serve with grilled hamburgers or steaks.
- 1 (225 g) packagekraft macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup diced green peppers or 1⁄4 cup red pepper
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 cup salad dressing (or more)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Cook macaroni and cheese dinner as directed on package.
- Let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine green onions, celery, green pepper, and if desired eggs.
- Add macaroni dinner.
- Toss lightly to combine.
- In a seperate bowl, combine sweet relish, mustard, and salad dressing.
- Stir to mix thoroughly.
- Add to macaroni and vegetable mixture.
- Toss lightly.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese, and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss lightly, but thoroughly together.
- Chill for 4-6 hours.
Really good. My 3 year old grand daughter loved this salad. She ate only this for dinner tonight. We all enjoyed this salad. Thanks for the great easy recipe. Rita