1/1 Photo of Mom's Cheesy Casserole (Baked Mac and Cheese)
My mom always made this when my brothers and I were asking for mac and cheese - no little blue box for us! exceptionally perfect. Easily adapted to an adult taste with meat, or kept simple. I use a cream of cheddar soup but you can make a rouge of butter, flour, milk and cheddar if you prefer a pure homemade feel.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 15 ounces milk
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 -3 cups elbow macaroni
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1Cook pasta according to directions; set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, add can of soup to a can of milk slowly to get the very last of the soup out of the can.
- 3Add cheddar and black pepper, stir well.
- 4Stir in macaroni and pour into casserole dish. If desired, leftover ground beef, sausage, or ham can be added at this time.
- 5Top with bread crumbs mixed with butter.
- 6Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Cheesy Casserole (Baked Mac and Cheese)
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 640.0
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 100.4 mg
- Sodium 1255.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 26.5 g