Recipe by K-chan
My mom always made this when my brothers and I were asking for mac and cheese - no little blue box for us! exceptionally perfect. Easily adapted to an adult taste with meat, or kept simple. I use a cream of cheddar soup but you can make a rouge of butter, flour, milk and cheddar if you prefer a pure homemade feel.
- 1 (15 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 15 ounces milk
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 -3 cups elbow macaroni
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions; set aside.
- In a large bowl, add can of soup to a can of milk slowly to get the very last of the soup out of the can.
- Add cheddar and black pepper, stir well.
- Stir in macaroni and pour into casserole dish. If desired, leftover ground beef, sausage, or ham can be added at this time.
- Top with bread crumbs mixed with butter.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.