Recipe by L DJ
This is a revised recipe from my mom she made years ago. She would force the cottage cheese through a sieve then beat in the eggs by hand with a whisk. I do not know prep time for this but baking time is an hour and 15 minutes.
- 1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 eggs
- 1 lb dry curd style cottage cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, cut into chunks and at room temperature
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Generously grease a 9 inch x 3 inch spring form baking pan, sprinkle sides and bottom with graham cracker crumbs.
- In a food processor blend eggs and cottage cheese 1 minute, gradually add cream cheese piece by piece til all is incorporated and smooth.
- Transfer to large bowl, using a whisk (or electric beater) beat in all remaining ingredients blending thoroughly.
- Pour into prepared pan, bake at 325°F 1 hour-15 minutes.
- Turn oven off leave cake in oven 1 hour before removing.
- Remove and let cool; refrigerate.
- Opening oven during baking process may cause it to fall.