Recipe by cookalot #2
Maybe the first recipe for cheesecake. I remember Mom making this in the fifties. Very easy to make, and not fancy.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 small eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chopped maraschino cherry
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix graham crumbs and butter together.
- Press half of mixture into an 8x8" pan.
- Cream the cheese, sugar, and eggs.
- beat well.
- Add small jar of cherries (about 1/2 cup).
- Add salt and vanilla.
- Pour over crumbs.
- Sprinkle remaining crumbs on top.
- Bake at 350 for 15min.