Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is unlike any Cheese and Tomato pie I've found, but it's irresistable! It's also fattening, but it's major comfort food. I grew up on this, with a garden salad on the side. There's no science to this recipe - just throw it together as you like and bake till it's done.
- Thaw puff pastry and roll out to fit into pan (no larger than 9x9).
- Pierce bottom of pastry all over with a fork, leaving 1/2- 1" around the edge for a nice crust.
- Spread the cheese (however much you like) over the pastry, and top with tomato slices.
- Bake in a 400ºF oven until pastry is puffed and golden (about 20 mins).
- Cut into squares and serve.
- A 9x9 pan will serve 4 with a salad or other sides.