Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is unlike any Cheese and Tomato pie I've found, but it's irresistable! It's also fattening, but it's major comfort food. I grew up on this, with a garden salad on the side. There's no science to this recipe - just throw it together as you like and bake till it's done.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- extra cheese, to taste
- Thaw puff pastry and roll out to fit into pan (no larger than 9x9).
- Pierce bottom of pastry all over with a fork, leaving 1/2- 1" around the edge for a nice crust.
- Spread the cheese (however much you like) over the pastry, and top with tomato slices.
- Bake in a 400ºF oven until pastry is puffed and golden (about 20 mins).
- Cut into squares and serve.
- A 9x9 pan will serve 4 with a salad or other sides.