1/9 Photos of Mom's Cheat Doughnuts
These were a rare and special treat my Mother would make for my brother and I when we were young. The topping I listed is sugar and cinnamon because that is what we always had as children. But these quick doughnuts can be topped with any number of things such as a chocolate glaze, powdered sugar or even a plain glaze sprinkled with nuts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- deep frying oil
- 7 1/2 ounces buttermilk biscuits
- sugar (4 tablespoons sugar) or cinnamon-sugar mixture (4 tablespoons sugar to 1 teaspoon cinnamon)
- 1In deep fat fryer or heavy saucepan, heat about 1 quart oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Separate dough into 10 biscuits.
- 3Cut hole in center of biscuits, using small cookie cutter.
- 4Fry biscuits and holes in oil at 350 degrees Fahrenheit a few at a time for about 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 5Drain on paper towels.
- 6While warm, roll in sugar or cinnamon and sugar mix.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Cheat Doughnuts
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.4
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 219.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 1.4 g