Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My Mom used to make this for us all of the time. This is a quick, inexpensive and delicious one pot meal. She always served it with homemade garlic rolls, but I love to serve it with TSR Version of Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits by Todd Wilbur.
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) box Kraft macaroni and cheese
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (16 ounce) can Hunts tomato sauce
- Cook macaroni- reserving the cheese packet for later.
- Brown ground beef with onion, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and red pepper flakes. Cook until the ground beef is completely cooked through and the onions are soft.
- Drain the macaroni and add tomato sauce, butter and reserved cheese packet. Mix until well combined. Add the ground beef mixture, again, mix until well combined. Serve hot!
This is a quick and easy tasty meal. My bf loved it. Thanks for posting!
This was a great, quick recipe. I did Doctor it a bit with a few other italian spices, niblets corn, and fresh garlic that I threw in with the hamburger and onions. I did only use about 1/4 of a medium white onion and finely chopped it...it was more then adequate. Served it with a jello salad and my two young boys and husband ate it up!
Humble Bee thank you for posting! This was a great weeknight meal for before our evening activities. The kids loved it and the adults did as well. I left off the red pepper flakes as it is our family preference but it was nice and mild regardless. We will make this again. Perfect in how quick and easy it was. Enjoy. ChefDLH