Recipe by Brandess
My Mom used to make this for us all of the time. This is a quick, inexpensive and delicious one pot meal. She always served it with homemade garlic rolls, but I love to serve it with TSR Version of Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits by Todd Wilbur.
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) box Kraft macaroni and cheese
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (16 ounce) can Hunts tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni- reserving the cheese packet for later.
- Brown ground beef with onion, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and red pepper flakes. Cook until the ground beef is completely cooked through and the onions are soft.
- Drain the macaroni and add tomato sauce, butter and reserved cheese packet. Mix until well combined. Add the ground beef mixture, again, mix until well combined. Serve hot!