Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Mom's Carrot Soup
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and washed
- 2 (12 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (8 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 4 cloves garlic
- Cream carrots and soup in blender/food processor.
- Add milk and blend.
- Add remaining ingredients (not the parmesan cheese) and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat for serving.
- Sprinkle with 1 T parmesan cheese per serving.
Not only did I cut this recipe in half for 3 of us, but I also used cream of celery soup instead of the mushroom kind & seasoned it with lemon pepper instead of the usual S&P ~ Not major changes, I thought, & we had a very satisfying soup, thanks to your recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef event]