1/2 Photos of Mom's Carrot Pudding
2 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Posted as a request. I havent made it but have enjoyed it every year at Christmas. Its not Christmas without my mom's carrot pudding. She reheats it in the jars in the microwave with a piece of plastic wrap over the top, stirring occasionally till hot. Serves it with a hard sauce and whipping cream. Prep time is approx, Cooking time is processing time in the canner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup seedless raisin
- 1 cup currants or 1 cup use more raisins
- 1/2 cup candied cherry, mixed (chopped)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon clove
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup raw carrot, finely grated
- 1 cup potato, raw finely grated
- 1Combine raisins, currants, fruit and almonds.
- 2Sift together flour, soda, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg over fruit. Stir to coat fruit.
- 3Cream shortening until smooth, add sugar and beat until light. Add egg and beat until fluffy. Add carrot and 1/2 the potato, blend. Gradually add flour fruit mixture and blend. Add remaining potato. Stir just to blend.
- 4Mom usually times this by 4 and can in quarts. Only fill quarts 3/4 full. Place lids on it and place in canner. Bring to a boil and continue to boil for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- 5To reheat, unseal jar and place in microwave covered with plastic wrap till hot, stir occasionally.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Carrot Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 860.1
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 386.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 144.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 100.9 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: