- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 dash clove
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained
- 12 ounces angel flake coconut, Bakers brand
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, finely chopped, of your choice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 4 large eggs, grade A
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and clove in one bowl. Mix carrots, pineapple, coconut, nuts and vanilla in another bowl. Mix oil and eggs into a third bowl.
- Dump egg/oil mixture into carrot mixture and stir well. Then add flour mixture to carrot mixture and mix well with a spoon. Pour into a 13x9x2 dish that has been buttered and floured. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes; check with a toothpick to make sure it is done.
- See cream cheese frosting recipe to frost the cake.