Recipe by r0x0r
A creamy, rich cheesecake I've yet to see beaten! This isn't a flour cheesecake, this is almost entirely cream cheese and the flavour is amazing. My mother has hosted many parties over the years and her cheesecakes are the first thing to go on the dessert table - it's what people look forward to most.
- 8 -10 large graham crackers, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Philadelphia Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (176ºC).
- Coat bottom of 10" Spring Form Pan with graham cracker crumbs (approx. 1/4 inch deep or however you like the crust).
- Beat cream cheese in mixer until smooth.
- Add sugar gradually while beating cheese.
- Add eggs one at a time while beating at low speed (beat in well before each egg).
- Add vanilla and sour cream, beat until smooth.
- Pour into pan, bake for one hour.
- Let cool for at least one hour (in refrigerator). It will drop in height.
- Loosen cake edge with knife and release pan.