Here is a recipe that I remember the most about my mom's baking. She has it committed to memory. I am glad I did get it out of her. It is a very easy recipe to make. I hope your family gets as much enjoyment out of it as mine does.
- Mix water and yeast and wait 5 minutes.
- Stir in sugar, salt and 2 cups of flour.
- Add egg and butter and mix.
- Stir in rest of flour by hand, if dough is still sticky add just enough to make it not sticky anymore.
- Let raise until dough is double in size.
- Sprinkle flour on surface and roll dough out until is approx 18 X 12 inches.
- Spread a very thin layer of soft butter on dough and sprinkle cinnamon/sugar mixture on it.
- Roll dough from the long side, it should look like a log.
- Cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Should be 18 pieces.
- Place brown sugar and butter into microwave dish and heat until butter is just melted; stir well.
- Stir in 3 T water.
- Divide mixture into 3 pans (8-inch cake pans).
- Place 6 pieces in each pan.
- Let raise for about 45 minutes.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a 325°F oven.
- When you take out of oven, turn each pan of rolls over on a plate, otherwise you will have a hard time getting them out when they cool.
- If you can, let them cool slightly and enjoy them when they are still warm.