1/6 Photos of Mom's Caramel Rolls
2 hrs 20 mins
Here is a recipe that I remember the most about my mom's baking. She has it committed to memory. I am glad I did get it out of her. It is a very easy recipe to make. I hope your family gets as much enjoyment out of it as mine does.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups warm water (not hot)
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages yeast (2 T bulk)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons butter (let sit out until soft)
- 1 egg
- 6 1/2 cups flour
- cinnamon-sugar mixture
- 1Mix water and yeast and wait 5 minutes.
- 2Stir in sugar, salt and 2 cups of flour.
- 3Add egg and butter and mix.
- 4Stir in rest of flour by hand, if dough is still sticky add just enough to make it not sticky anymore.
- 5Let raise until dough is double in size.
- 6Sprinkle flour on surface and roll dough out until is approx 18 X 12 inches.
- 7Spread a very thin layer of soft butter on dough and sprinkle cinnamon/sugar mixture on it.
- 8Roll dough from the long side, it should look like a log.
- 9Cut into 1 inch pieces.
- 10Should be 18 pieces.
- 11Place brown sugar and butter into microwave dish and heat until butter is just melted; stir well.
- 12Stir in 3 T water.
- 13Divide mixture into 3 pans (8-inch cake pans).
- 14Place 6 pieces in each pan.
- 15Let raise for about 45 minutes.
- 16Bake for 20 minutes in a 325°F oven.
- 17When you take out of oven, turn each pan of rolls over on a plate, otherwise you will have a hard time getting them out when they cool.
- 18If you can, let them cool slightly and enjoy them when they are still warm.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Caramel Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.5
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 37.4 mg
- Sodium 359.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 5.4 g