1/6 Photos of Mom's Caramel Rolls
2 hrs 20 mins
Here is a recipe that I remember the most about my mom's baking. She has it committed to memory. I am glad I did get it out of her. It is a very easy recipe to make. I hope your family gets as much enjoyment out of it as mine does.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups warm water (not hot)
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages yeast (2 T bulk)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons butter (let sit out until soft)
- 1 egg
- 6 1/2 cups flour
- cinnamon-sugar mixture
- 1Mix water and yeast and wait 5 minutes.
- 2Stir in sugar, salt and 2 cups of flour.
- 3Add egg and butter and mix.
- 4Stir in rest of flour by hand, if dough is still sticky add just enough to make it not sticky anymore.
- 5Let raise until dough is double in size.
- 6Sprinkle flour on surface and roll dough out until is approx 18 X 12 inches.
- 7Spread a very thin layer of soft butter on dough and sprinkle cinnamon/sugar mixture on it.
- 8Roll dough from the long side, it should look like a log.
- 9Cut into 1 inch pieces.
- 10Should be 18 pieces.
- 11Place brown sugar and butter into microwave dish and heat until butter is just melted; stir well.
- 12Stir in 3 T water.
- 13Divide mixture into 3 pans (8-inch cake pans).
- 14Place 6 pieces in each pan.
- 15Let raise for about 45 minutes.
- 16Bake for 20 minutes in a 325°F oven.
- 17When you take out of oven, turn each pan of rolls over on a plate, otherwise you will have a hard time getting them out when they cool.
- 18If you can, let them cool slightly and enjoy them when they are still warm.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Caramel Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.5
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 37.4 mg
- Sodium 359.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 5.4 g