Prep 15 mins
Cook 47 mins
My moms delicious caramel popcorn recipe. It's one of my favorite snacks I make for my family.
- 6 quarts popped popcorn
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups pecans (halved) (optional) or 2 cups nuts (halved) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Boil sugar, margarine, syrup, and cream of tartar for 7 minutes, stirring often.
- Make sure the mixture stays at a constant boil for 7 minutes.
- Put popcorn in large roaster, sprayed with cooking spray.
- Pour syrup over popcorn and stir.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 250°F.
- MAKE SURE YOU STIR EVERY 15 MINUTES.