Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love caramel corn and think this is the best I've ever had!
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine
- 473.18 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 118.29 ml corn syrup
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 5676.0 ml popped popcorn
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Melt butter and stir in sugar, syrup and salt.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- When boiling, continue to boil without stirring for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda & vanilla. (Careful: this will foam up!).
- Place popped corn in 2 9 x 13 pans. Gradually pour caramel mixture over popped corn. Stir to coat.
- Bake at 250F for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
Made for PAC Fall '07. This is a great caramel corn recipe. I made half a batch and took it to bingo for my friends to enjoy. Everyone loved this recipe. The caramel coating on the popcorn was light and crunchy and my friends were surprised when I told them I made it. The next time I make it I think I am going to add some honey-roasted peanuts to the batch. Thank you for a wonderful caramel corn recipe, MK Lady.