For JT's Grandma's Note:
My mom never wrote this recipe down and I call my favorite every year for the recipe! Of course she never wrote it down either!!! This is one of those recipes that takes me back when I taste it. I'm going to do my best to write what my "Aunt Poddy" tells me every year, using the amounts as best as I can, but I will still call her every year just to have her walk me through it!!!! My brother got to taste them this year and he said it was just like mom's, so maybe I'm getting it right!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place sweet potatoes in casserole dish, single layer.
- 2Using liquid from potatoes, mix in sugar, syrup, butter, cinnamon, orange juice and lemon.
- 3Stir over medium heat until it starts to thicken, about 15 minutes.
- 4Pour over potatoes, then sprinkle a bit more cinnamon over top.
- 5Cover and bake in 350 oven for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- 6Top with marshmellows and broil until brown. Watch constantly as this takes only a few minutes!
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Candied Yams
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.2
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 118.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 58.2 g
- Protein 1.9 g