Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a meal all in it self. Great for a nice wintry day! Yummy!!
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drain 1 can
- 1 (28 ounce) canbushes original pork & beans
- In a large kettle fry and dice bacon; set aside.
- Brown ground beef and onion.
- Add remaining ingredients and bacon.
- Bake uncovered for 1-1/2 to 2 hours at 300°.
- Enjoy with a slice of fresh buttered bread!
- Note: I like mine with a little sauce so if you want it thicker drain the second can of kidney beans.
- You can also make this in a crockpot, but personally I like it best when done in the oven.
This is an excellent recipe, the same as my mothers. When I went to check out if there were any galico bean reipes on Recipezaar I found this one to be the same one I had.