Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom made this and it is easy and delicious. Everyone always asks for the recipe.
Make and share this Mom's Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package chocolate pudding mix, cook and serve
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Cook the pudding according to the package directions.
- Add the dry cake mix to the cooked pudding and mix well.
- Pour into a greased and floured 8x12 inch pan.
- Pour chips and nuts over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1/2 hour I have also made this using a white or yellow cake mix and butterscotch pudding.
- Use butterscotch chips for the top.
- I also omit the nuts if I make it for my family, as 2 of us are allergic to nuts.
Easy to mix together and I liked the idea of not having to deal with frosting. It was good, but with so many out of this world dessert recipes out there, I don't know if I would try this one again or not.
*Made for PAC Spring 2007* This is quite an unusual cake. I chose it because of the interesting ingredients and preparation. The recipe did not specify what size cook and serve pudding to use so I used a 3.4 oz box and that seemed to work well. I also used an 18 ounce chocolate cake mix, and a 6 ounce bag of mini chocolate chips. Overall a nice, fast cake that we really did enjoy. Thanks for sharing. Nick's Mom
Not enough stars for this cake. Absoulutly the very best. My family raved about it and want to know when I am baking the nest one. very easy to make and so moist and deliouses. Thanks Nancy