Recipe by Jellyqueen
This is the spaghetti sauce I grew up eating. While we are not considered Cajun, my father's family does have a Cajun backgroud. The measurements in this recipe are pretty much estimates, because seasoning will depend on preference, but it does give you some sort of guideline. Also, I am giving you quantities for canned and frozen veggies, but fresh can be used in equal quantities to make this even better.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cajun seasoning, your choice (plenty of recipes for this right here on Zaar)
- salt and pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups okra, sliced (frozen or fresh)
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook meat and onion until meat is no longer pink.
- Add seasonings, tomatoes, okra and mushrooms, cover and cook on low for approximately 30 minutes.
- We like this spicy, so I usually add more cajun seasoning than this recipe calls for.
- Also, the longer this sits, the better it gets.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti.