1/1 Photo of Mom's Cajun Spaghetti
This is the spaghetti sauce I grew up eating. While we are not considered Cajun, my father's family does have a Cajun backgroud. The measurements in this recipe are pretty much estimates, because seasoning will depend on preference, but it does give you some sort of guideline. Also, I am giving you quantities for canned and frozen veggies, but fresh can be used in equal quantities to make this even better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cajun seasoning, your choice (plenty of recipes for this right here on Zaar)
- salt and pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups okra, sliced (frozen or fresh)
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked
- 1Cook meat and onion until meat is no longer pink.
- 2Add seasonings, tomatoes, okra and mushrooms, cover and cook on low for approximately 30 minutes.
- 3We like this spicy, so I usually add more cajun seasoning than this recipe calls for.
- 4Also, the longer this sits, the better it gets.
- 5Serve over cooked spaghetti.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Cajun Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.2
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 402.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 29.2 g