Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I believe this recipe came from The Lord Fox - a restaurant in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I call it "Mom's Caesar Salad", because it's been a staple in Mom's house for years, and for good reason. I like that this dressing provides a light coating on the greens and the dash of Tabasco kicks things up a bit. Quality ingredients, such as fresh garlic, olive oil, and Parmesano-Reggiano make this recipe especially great. Try adding grilled chicken and make it a meal!
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients (garlic - hot sauce).
- Add olive oil, continuing to whisk, incorporating gradually.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly toss dressing with one head torn romaine lettuce.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan.