Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From my mom's recipe box, a family favourite when I was a kid, now a family favourite for my kids.
- 118.29 ml butter, softened,not melted
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml corn syrup
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml currants
- 24 2 inch unbaked tart shells (I often use frozen tart shells from the store,unless my Mom has made me some!)
- Beat butter and brown sugar with wooden spoon till creamy.
- Add corn syrup and beat till blended.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat till well blended.
- Add the currants and mix in well.
- Place tart shells on baking pan, and fill each shell 3/4 full.
- Bake in 375 degree oven till shells browned and filling is bubbly and gooey.
- Let cool before trying to eat one!