From my mom's recipe box, a family favourite when I was a kid, now a family favourite for my kids.
Make and share this Mom's Butter Tarts recipe from Food.com.
- Beat butter and brown sugar with wooden spoon till creamy.
- Add corn syrup and beat till blended.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat till well blended.
- Add the currants and mix in well.
- Place tart shells on baking pan, and fill each shell 3/4 full.
- Bake in 375 degree oven till shells browned and filling is bubbly and gooey.
- Let cool before trying to eat one!