Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This Korean BBQ was the first recipe my mother-in-law taught me after the wedding. It was one of my husband's favorites and I've made many batches since. She also showed me that I can ask the butcher at the grocery store to thinly slice the roast for me - what a time saver! I usually divide a batch into meal-sized portions into vacuum seal bags and store in the freezer. Defrost, grill and serve with rice for a quick meal!
- 5 lbs beef brisket or 5 lbs chuck roast, sliced thin
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle mirin
- 3 bunches green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 onions, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 inches piece gingerroot, chopped or grated
- salt and pepper
- Mix all the ingredients except the beef into a large container with a secure lid.
- Stir the beef into the marinade, making sure the marinade thoroughly mixed through the beef.
- Marinate overnight.
- Saute the beef in a hot skillet or grill and serve with rice.