Recipe by ChefRed
Delicious and easy pasta dish made with simple ingredients. Nice to have once in awhile. I use whole package of bacon and about 1 & 1/2 pasta.
Top Review by tatianna0714
What a way to transform bacon!! I cut it up so small my husband thought it was Italian proscittio!! We love adventure in our cooking & this was so unsual!! The second time we made this ,we served it with a side of Andy boy broc. drizzled with extra virgin olive oil, crusty french bread & red wine. EXCELLANT CHEAP & UPMOST EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 1 lb pasta (Bucatinni is nice for this-looks like spaghetti but bigger)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onions or 8 garlic cloves, cut into small pieces
- 3⁄4 lb bacon
- 1⁄2 cup pasta water
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bacon into 1 inch pieces and cook in pan until translucent and alot of grease has come out.
- Drain grease and leave bacon in pan, add cut onion and olive oil. Cook and stir until onion turns a nice golden brown color.
- Cook pasta al dente (I like 11 minutes timed), drain, place back in pot and add cooked bacon & onion, or garlic and some pasta water. Add coarse black pepper.