Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my mom's recipe, it was a childhood favorite and still is around my house now.
- 236.59 ml margarine
- 473.18 ml white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 88.74 ml cocoa
- boiling water
- 236.59 ml flour
- 236.59 ml nuts
- 14.79 ml margarine
- 22.18 ml cocoa
- 354.88 ml icing sugar
- Cream together the first 4 ingredients.
- Add enough boiling water to cocoa to make a thick paste, add cocoa mixture to creamed mixture.
- Add the flour and nuts mix well.
- Pour into a lightly greased 9x13 pan bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- For the icing mix all ingredients together slowly add the milk until you get the desired consistency of icing.
- I only add a few TBSP because I like my icing thick.
First time ever for making brownies and these were perrrrrfect!Kids and guests loved them.