Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Mom has made this for years. We love olives and this gives the salad a zip. Of course, adjusting the amounts of each ingredient is a personal choice, if you like more bacon or more olives, etc.
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli, cut to bite size pieces
- 1⁄4 cup cooked bacon (you can also use imitaion bacon bits if you are in a hurry)
- 1⁄4 cup green olives, chopped
- 7 hard-boiled eggs, cut up
- Mix broccoli, bacon and green olives together.
- Mix in enough mayo to hold the above ingredients together.
- Gently mix in the eggs, adding more mayo to hold all ingredients together.
- We serve this on lettuce leaves.
Well, I can't believe no one has tried this fabulous salad. It has a lot of flavor and the colors are beautiful. I used Hellman's Light Mayonnaise and it very good. This would make a lovely potluck dish too. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe, Merlot!!
Oh, wow! This is like the special broccoli salad I used to get at my grocery store's deli 12 years ago! I've missed it. This is such a good combination of ingredients. I was wondering what to take with me to a family get-together next week end. Great recipe!
Love olives and love broccoli, sooo..love this salad! Added some chopped red pepper and a leetle low-fat Ranch dressing to the salad in place of the mayo. Delish!