Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
My mom used to make this all the time. Every time her senior citizens group from the church had a covered dish dinner she got asked to bring this dish. It's a little different from the other broccoli cornbread recipes posted because she used cream cheese instead of cottage cheese.
- 2 (9 ounce) boxes cornbread mix
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 16 ounces frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- Combine ingredients and pour into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake at 325 for about 45 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
Love this recipe! I added about 1 cup shredded cheese to it also!
This made nice cornbread! I adapted to use things on hand and was pleased with the result. I used one box of Jiffy, 2 eggs, cottage cheese instead of cream cheese, and fresh broccoli. I also threw in a half can of whole kernel corn (drained), a seeded jalapeno, and some diced onion to use up bits and pieces. I made it to serve with Hearty Taco Soup #492705, but enjoyed the leftover cornbread with a salad on another day too. I'll use the recipe again!
I dislike margarine so I will try half bacon fat & half butter..nice neat recipe ....