Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mom makes this every Christmas Eve. It's easy and delicious, and very warming for a cool winter night. More noodles and/or broccoli can be added to match preferences.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 32 ounces frozen broccoli
- 24 ounces frozen egg noodles
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 3 cups half-and-half
- In a 6 quart saucepan, saute onion in butter.
- Add chicken broth, water, broccoli, garlic pwdr.
- ,and noodles and bring to a boil.
- Boil until noodles and broccoli are tender.
- Reduce heat and add velveeta, half and half, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer until cheese is melted.
- Can be put in a crockpot on low at this stage.