Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mom's version of the classic recipe. This is always the first to disappear at our picnics and potlucks.
- 1⁄2 cauliflower head
- 2 bunches broccoli florets
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup raisins
- 12 slices bacon, cook crisp and crumbled
- Chop cauliflower, broccoli and red onion. Toss them together in a large bowl.
- In another bowl whisk the Miracle Whip, sugar and red wine vinegar until smooth.
- Toss dressing with the cauliflower, broccoli and red onion. Fold the rest of ingredients in and stir together.
- For best results refrigerate overnight.
Perfect summer salad for BBQs and gatherings. Loved it!