Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
From my mothers kitchen originally. Now a staple in mine and a MUST BRING to any family gathering. All the kids fight over who gets to take the leftovers home....if there are any!
- 3 (300 g) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 (250 g) package Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 36 Ritz crackers, crushed
- Cook broccoli al dente, and drain well.
- Add butter and cheese to hot broccoli.
- Stir and let sit to melt.
- Place 1/2 broccoli/ butter/cheese mixture in baking dish, 9x13 or 8x12 (non metal).
- Cover with 1/2 of the crushed Ritz crackers Then repeat with remaining broccoli and ritz.
- Bake 350 x 45 minutes.
- Can be made day ahead then heated in microwave or oven.
- If making ahead cut back on first baking time so that casserole doesn't get too brown in reheating.