Recipe by Sandyg61
My mother always makes enough to serve twice. Once sliced with noodles or mashed potatos and a second time over 2 slices of bread with lots of gravy to make open face sandwiches (if she can keep us from having seconds the first night). The amount of seasoning will vary with the weight and shape of the meat.
- 2 -3 lbs beef brisket (flat cut)
- garlic powder
- teriyaki sauce
- 1 1⁄4 ounces Lipton Onion Soup Mix, packet
- 3 cups water
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- splash wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the brisket liberally on both sides with teriyaki sauce, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place the meat under the broiler until browned. Turn it over and brown the other side.
- While the meat is browning, put 2 cups of water and the onion soup mix into a pot large enough to hold the meat, bring to a boil and let boil for 10 minutes.
- Mix the flour into 1 cup of cold water and stir well.
- When the soup has boiled stir in the flour mixture and stir until thickened. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add a splash of wine.
- When the meat has browned add the meat and any pan juices to the pot.
- Cover and simmer until meat is fork tender, about 2 to 2 1/2 hours.