Recipe by bert
My mom has been making this since I was very young and probably before that. When we were kids, we could'nt wait to dig in.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together the butter and sugar; add the egg yolk and beat well.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add alternately with milk to the creamed mixture.
- Beat the egg white until stiff; fold into the cake batter with the vanilla.
- Add fresh blueberries and combine gently.
- Pour into a greased 8" pan and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until tester comes out clean.